Saturday, January 12, 2013

Let her go

Honestly,

Didn't see this coming at all. And I didn't want to hurt you or break your heart either. Which makes this disgustingly hard.

It was the truth when I expressed how I felt all that time ago. It was the truth when I said you were the best thing to happen to me. It was the truth every time I told you I missed you and couldn't wait to see you again. 

However.

Now it's time to let me go. Somewhere down the line I saw controlling aspects of you that were blurry but became clear. How you would make me feel guilty and tell me things that I don't think were the whole truth. That you were obsessive and freaked out over little things that became a problem when they shouldn't have. It only proved how insecure and emotionally unstable you were. And I commend you for your efforts to work on that, but it doesn't just disappear over night.

To say that you care more about me then I care about you is probably the worst thing for you to have said. How far from the truth that was. If you knew me at all, you'd know how easily it takes me to open my heart, let people in, and care about them. 

And it's because I care about you that I had to let you go. 
And it's because I know you will find someone who truly is your equal that I know it isn't working between us.
And it's because I didn't want to hurt you more down the road and cause more pain that I ended it.

I truly believe you are an amazing person. I saw you for who you really were, the good, the bad, the ugly, and the amazing. You were my best friend. And I could always count on you for a shoulder to lean on and vice versa. 

But you will let me go.

I will be an image in your brain.

And even though you'll miss me like i'll miss you....we will move on. we will succeed and find balance in our lives. And we will learn from this. 

This is not what I ask, but what I accepted. 

Thank you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You cease to amaze me woman.