Monday, January 21, 2013

Lady.

Honestly, 

I learned to play the acoustic guitar for you. 

At first, I thought I was in love with you. It was probably the most real relationship I've had with a guy. You taught me everything I know now because you are so honest, and it's exactly what I needed. But I was in love with the relationship. I thought it was forever love, but it just turned into a different love. And that's ok. You were right to end the ties when you did. 
It hurt like a mother fucker and getting over you wasn't easy. But that's life. And I did get over you. Just not my guitar.

I named her "Lady" because I used to call yours "Tramp". Get it. Lady and the Tramp? Anyways, after we went seperate ways, even though today we still remain friends, I kept playing my guitar. And then I stopped because of my last ex and that relationship consuming me. To then, pick my guitar up again. And played for myself. 

I got that feeling you get, when you ride your first bike without falling or getting scared. Wind in your hair, grinning ear to ear, pedaling as fast as your heart beat is pounding to be free, and that, freedom, and innocence. I learned my first song with some help. And sure practice makes perfect. Fingers hurt less when I press hard on the strings. And I play a little better day by day.

But if I didn't want to learn how to play guitar...
If I didn't think I loved you forever. 
If I didn't meet you.
if I didn't give you my number in your garage that one summer night.
If I didn't kiss you.
If I didn't know you at all.

I'd be a different person then I am today. And I like who I am. I always have. But I don't think the lady I am now would like the girl I was before you. She wasn't confident, open, or a risk taker at all. Totally different from who I am now.

What I'm saying is, Thank you. For helping me mold myself into the person I am today. For also getting the girl who had her own head on her shoulders back. For being a friend. For being more then a friend at times. For being...you. For being a dick sometimes and indirectly but directly teaching me about guys, relationships, and everything in between. I respect you. And look up to you. I trust you. And I wouldn't want whatever we have...any other way. 

Lady says hi. 


No comments: