Tuesday, May 21, 2013

just listen.


Honestly,

It's pretty simple. 
I only want a little bit of time.
To explain.
In this rhyme.

Don't bother correcting me,
if I'm wrong.

Asking or suggesting,
or chiming in.
On a rhetorical question.

Hear me out. 
Hug me, 
and then tell me.

I love you.
You'll be ok.
Things like this take time. 

And i'll go back to being myself.
Knowing you took the time.
Just to watch my mouth move, 
for a second.

Sometimes,
I don't always like hearing myself talk.
I need you to be more present in my life.
Can you not be caught up in yours?

I only ask,
because I know.
Everyone goes through rough times.
You're getting help.
Bettering your life.

But its my turn.
Just listen. 
i love you.
thank you.
your welcome.
come home.
let's now giggle and tell stories in my bed.

All my thoughts escape,
like evaporation.
Science. 
I will forever know.
I am my mothers daughter. 

___________________________________________________________
Surprise Poem !

Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend. 

No comments: