Saturday, May 4, 2013

Genie in a bottle

Honestly,

If a magic genie lamp, you know, like the famous one in "Aladin" showed up on your front door. Would you wish to start over?

Now. The assumiton is that you regret something and want to do it over. Or you generally wish you had a different life. That's not what I am implying. Mainly because I know that if I wished for a different life, or did something over it would affect the life I have now. Things would be different, relationships, and maybe even who my parents are? Would I be the same person? Probably not. And for one, I like who I am. So when I say...a magical genie lamp ended up on my front door....would I do something over?

That answer would be yes. Not that I live in regret, shame, or in the past. I just always wonder how I could be a better person.

But let's break this down.

Everyday is a new one.

Books begin and end.

You live and die.

You meet someone, fall in love, break up or get married....etc.

I feel like starting over has a negative stigma attached to it. When really it could be a positive thing.

When I broke up with my boyfriend not to long ago. I wrote down some goals.

A) Spring clean
B) Include healthy eating and activity into my life.
C) Learn from life lessons and expecations in relationships.
D) Drop any guy that you know you deserve better...
E) Run/ jog/ fast walk the "Color Me Rad" 5K run.
F) Do things for yourself for once.


Spring cleaning kind of was needed in my room. I have clothes that I don't wear anymore or are too big/ small for me to wear. Recently, from working out almost everyday...I went from 142 to 134. I plan on living a healthier lifestyle knowing that on both sides of my family heart disease is promident.

So, I spent two hours organizing my closet and drawers. And then after feeling accomplished and hung out with my parents with a bowl of ice cream.

Since, I have been training for the run in toronto. Everyday I try to do something active. And I'm not talking about a heavey two hour work out. Just a bit of cardio in my day. Dancing when no one is home, riding my bike, walking along the beach downtown burlington, taking the empties to the beer store etc. Just getting out of the house and soaking up that beautiful sun!

Confession. Yes I have a little black book. But I'm chucking that out the window and ending that chapter of my life. It's time to get a new one. HAHAHAHA. No. I mean I gotta really try out this single life. I'm really not on the prowl for a rebound. One night stands rarely happen nor do I like them. Booty calls are just plain desperate. I'm just going to sit back, relax, and let things fall where they may.


Color me rad in Toronto will be a blast ! I am so determined to actually run it. I know it's not a big deal to walk in, but I'm doing this thing with a group of girls. Some of whom are actually in great phyical shape. And I want to keep up. It's time to end being lazy, hanging out in bed, watching movies, and eating chips...get outside and do something! Anything!

This last one is a big one. And probably a bigger challenge. Doing things for myself. I'm a care giver, people pleaser, big hearted girl, and always thinking of others before me. So maybe tweaking how much I do for others, and instead start doing more things for myself. Take care of me the most. Would be benieftial.


Besides I have two wishes left if anything goes wrong ! HAHA! Love my readers !

Enjoy your weekend !

Don't drink and drive!

Shan xoxo.

that blogger chick.

2 comments:

Bonafide Jones said...

I'd do it. All that hindsight would be amazing. Plus I could get filthy rich just from betting on sports

Shan said...

Ya for sure !!