Saturday, September 14, 2013

Diapers to whiskey and lemon.

Honestly,

Today I'm on a roll. Sitting in bed, bored, itching to go out, after my 7th oral operation for nice teeth. They buried my top implant screws so they would heal nicely, and yesterday, friday the 13th, they exposed them. Put some healing caps on, stitches, and I was asleep for all of it. So don't worry, it wasn't as big as the jaw surgery I had 4 years ago. All the mini stuff is a piece of cake. 

So, it's been 7 years to get to this point, the last stage, until I get teeth caps on my implant screws. Ontario Health Insurance doesn't cover genetic disorders. And even if mine is as mild as they come, trust me, I've seen the severity. As I waited for the doctor to diagnosis me at Sick Kids for the Clavate and Palate program. Ontario considers what I've had to get done as cosmetic. Which is true. And I don't have any problem admitting that I went through all of this for a better outlook on myself. I've found a new confidence because of the new smile. And here I am. A better person. Pouring out my heart and soul to strangers. It's kinda wicked. To go from one thing to the other. So since I've had so much time on my hands this weekend. Getting stiff back and neck from being in bed most of the day. I decided to dedicate the rest of this blog to the other S. 


Dear S bear,

We grew up two doors down from each other. I think the moment we met, there was this unspoken law that our friendship was only going to get better. We had no idea it would get us today because we were kids. It wasn't shocking though that our friendship would grow stronger. And even if we went to different schools, or you off to Ottawa for college. Me, doing my thing. Again, just like the other S, we'd always pick up where we left off.  No stone unturned. No dream too big. 

The reason why I call you the lucky charm of the trio is because you make your own luck. Things just kinda fall in your favor, but not always on its own. People just generally love you for the awesome person you are. You're like a bug zapper, bugs just wanna hang around you. Sometimes the bad ones get zapped, but they had that coming to them. No one messes with you. Not on my watch, either. And even if they tried you're brothers and sister would run after them with hockey sticks. 

Although, you do just get lucky. I still can't wrap my head around how fast and easy it happens for you. It's just so awesome. You deserve all of the nice, happy, awesome, surprising, lovely luck you get. And mainly because together we've gotten pretty lucky. I've gotten to experience things that I never thought would ever happen. Nor would I want them to happen with out you. It's just not the same. And then we get the other S involved and it's trouble. It's fun. It's a forever thing. It's something we can sit back and tell our kids. Watch them discover the world like we did. 

I've gotten to meet some real, sweet, interesting, crazy, and great people that have crossed our paths. We've always been in the same friend group. With newport and intertwining groups. And I've always admired you for your free bird vibe. You do exactly what you want, when you want it, and you don't let anyone hold you back. You truly live for today. I guess we've always had that in common, you just find epic ways to do it. 

You're a rocket. It's no secret. 

I always enjoy our random bursts of song, dance, and all the funny, crazy things that happen in between. But most of all I can proudly call you a baby sister, even though we're not too far apart in age. We've all gotten closer to each other this summer. And it's going to be a tough summer to beat, but I'm sure we'll find an adventure to talk about for years. You are totally someone I could go to or tell anything too. You always have great advice, and have no problem calling me out on my shit. And everyone should be as lucky as I am, having someone like you in their life. You're family is my family, and my family is your family. Just like my house is your house, your house is ...well your doors are always open. And the same with my fully stocked pantry. I can't think too much into the future, but I know it's full of amazing opportunities, and new exciting things (luck). You're an amazing friend. You've been through a lot loosing your aunt. I know how much she meant to you. The glue. And it's interesting cause you're the glue to the trio. 

See ya soon in Ottawa !